Dating A Guy or Girl in Atlanta vs New York City… #Letsdiscuss
People will tell you that the dating scene is bad no matter where you go, not just in New York City, well that’s a lie!
I recently did a survey among my friends in the South and North, and as expected, 75 percent of them said that dating somebody in the South is better than in New York, period.
Why is this? Although the food chain (men and women) is much higher in the South, it is a lot easier to date a Southern guy or girl because they tend to be relationship oriented and financially stable. These financially stable single men and women focus more on finding true love because having money to them isn’t enough.
If you a true New Yorker searching for love, you will need to put in some work. A LOT OF WORK! Most New Yorkers don’t care for what you bring to the table as long as you are not at the bottom of the totem pole. And if you so happen to be at the extreme bottom, after a few drinks, you’ll be their Brad Pitt or Beyonce for the night, just don’t expect a call back in the morning.
When I first moved to New York, I didn’t think twice about wearing anything designer, but when I moved to Georgia, gold diggers quickly eyed my designer wears and deemed me as “extravagant.” I wasn’t saying Southerners’ don’t like nice things too. Just keep in mind that the image you give off is what people will view you as.
In the South, you can find date nights a little bit more interesting and your Southern charmer will go above and beyond to make sure you have a grand ole time. #FACTS.
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and this is never truer than for a man from the South. #FACTS
If you are looking to meet somebody’s parents in New York, you going to be waiting for a while. They have to be really sure before they take you home to momma.
In the South, meeting the family is extremely important and might come sooner than you think. I’ve always taken meeting the mom as a positive sign but keep in mind they may introduce you early to get their ‘family’s approval.’ If you pass, he or she will keep you around.
Pros of dating in the south:
- He or she is most-likey looking for the same; love.
- Family and friends are important
- They really care about your family background.
- Know how to Cook – he or she will stick around longer
- Your date nights will be a little different and that’s a good thing.
- You’ll see him again.
Cons of dating in the South:
- You’re related: Not only does everyone know each other, everyone’s a third or fourth cousin. How do I know? Well, friends, I’ve had a distant relative pursue me. (Talk about horrifying.) When in doubt, call your grandmother. She knows the family tree in and out.
- Everyone is married.
- You may be judged.
- Exes – There will be baggage.
- The over-playing of his favorite songs.
- Cheating is what they do: But the longer y’all are together, the faster that goes out the window.
Our friends at TripSavvy recently sat down with two male native New Yorkers and asked what are the hardest things about dating in New York City.
Matt: I have to say that there are 200,000 more single women than single men in the Big Apple, so men are kings here! And I will be the first one to admit that most New York City men have a little bit of an entitlement issue when it comes to women.
Tamsen: I wouldn’t say “kings,” but I would call them “repercussion-less daters.” Their mentality is such that if the woman they are on a date with isn’t giving them exactly what they want, they have no problem ending the date abruptly and moving on to the next woman. Sometimes, that next woman is who they believe is around the corner waiting in desperation to go out with them. Plus, many times these men are in absolutely no hurry to commit to one woman.
Apparently, the Cons of dating in New York overpowers the Pros.
- His or her “roommates” are usually a live-in girlfriend, boyfriend or FWB.
- Too many options.
- Poor communication.
- Ask questions about your romantic past on the first date.
- Usually lies about their age
- Do not follow through.
- Tricks you into a relationship and has a side piece.
- If you hookup on the first meet, you won’t be considered boyfriend or girlfriend material.
According to Movoto.com;
If You Can Find Someone Here, Pat Yourself On The Back!
Even if your relationship isn’t perfect, it’s such a relief to be off of the New York dating scene. Although it can be an exhausting adventure anywhere you go, but it’s even harder in the Big Apple. It’s like the song says – if you can make it here, you really can make it anywhere.
Let us know about your dating life in the South v. New York in the comment below……